Like many girls, there’s an endless list of things I want (need). Literally, it’s never ending because as soon as I get my hands on something, I see the next thing for my wish list. I know most girls are the same so I’ve compiled a few bargains I’ve seen recently so you can reep the benefits too. I’ll continue with these posts if you guys like them so make sure you let me know via the comments/insta/twitter.
You can get some AMAZING free gifts in magazines every so often and I find Glamour does the best! Last month it was a tube of a new St Tropez tan and this month there’s a range of Model Co makeup! They’ve worked with Model Co previously and I remember getting a lip liner I LOVED but then begrudged paying £16 for another when it ran out as I knew how cheap I had it previously. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw it in this months issue for only ONE POUND. Obviously I bought two. Also there’s an eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss available worth a combined £55. I’m now on the hunt to find the gloss! Always check out the magazine freebies when you’re at the supermarket or newsagents. Primark
I’m sure you already know the bargain store that is Primark. But did you know they’ve bought out a small range of Perspex beauty organisers? You know the ones that are everywhereeeee on Instagram and allow you to show off all your designer makeup? I needed a new one for my ever expanding MAC lipstick collection and was so happy to see this bargain one for £2 when id usually expect to pay between £15-£60 (depending on size).
The top left holder is the Primark one, that’s holding the foundations, lip liners and 6 lipsticks.
Also from Primark, these cute little bikinis that cost me something ridiculous like £2 or £3 and were perfect for lazy days on the beach when you don’t need to dress up too much! How can you argue for that price?
I wasn’t even aware of this until I went into my agency and all of the bookers had huge boxes delivered! Head to the Zara website and there’s TONES of stuff in the sale. Grab yourself a bargain!
I’m new to Spotify so recently took advantage of their free week trial of Premium. I was pleasantly surprised by their offer of another 3 months for just 0.99p – how could I refuse that? This offer is on until June 30th so if you’re new to Spotify also, take advantage of this amazing offer! Have you spotted any more bargains, freebies or money saving tips? Share them with me in the comments or via Twitter/Instagram!
I’m often asked by new or aspiring models, what look they should have when going to castings of Go&See’s.
I think the issues I see most often is over-done hair, too much makeup and over the top clothing that doesn’t show off your figure. The general idea is to appear groomed but natural – the client doesn’t want to see the finished product, they want to see what they can do with you to represent their brand the way they want it. They want to see the raw product, but in its best form.
I try to achieve a glowing, dewy look with my skin and I personally believe that this is achieved through the prep rather than just the makeup. I always see girls with foundation that looks almost crusty on their skin, probably because they don’t moisturise or prime properly. It’s a misconception that you shouldn’t moisturise if you have oily skin when in reality, you’d be much better off finding a good oil free moisturiser, such as Dermologica.
These pics show my skin after applying all of the products to my skin, but before the finishing touches.
- I started by applying a serum and moisturiser by Estée Lauder from the Enlighten range.
- I continued by applying a thin layer of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. I always think my skin looks so radiant and hydrated when I use this.
- I immediately applied Estée Lauder Double Wear Light in intensity 2 using the Real Techniques buffing brush. It has an amazing coverage but is still light enough to look natural when applied smoothly.
- I dabbed some E.L Double Wear Concealer in 1W Light (Warm) around my eye area.
- I lightly slicked some Soleil Tan De Chanel on my cheek bones and sides of my forehead, and a quick buff over my whole face using the contour brush by Real Techniques.
- To finish my look, I slicked a thin flick of liquid eyeliner across the tops of my eyelids to give them some definition.
- I coated my lashes in Benefit Roller Lash which I loveeeeee.
- I filled in my brows using the Beauty UK High Brow all in one Brow Definition Kit.
- I used MAC Spice Liner and some Carmex lip balm on my lips.
- I left my hair natural except straightening out the front a little so I looked neat.
- I kept my outfit simple with a black cropped top and skinny jeans but added a gold body chain to make me stand out a little. I was once told that details like this are good to make you be remembered over the other models without trying too hard to draw attention to yourself.
- I added my MK watch and bag and my favourite tan Kurt Gieger heels.
Once I was walking through Manchester in the 23• heat I regretted my jeans! A couple of the other models were wearing simple dresses and I think it’s time for me to transition into dresses this week onwards!
So to summarise, think neat and groomed but not over done. I wouldn’t recommend wearing your fav sequin dress and sparkly heels but at the same time, it’s probably not a good idea to turn up to a casting in your old joggers and trainers. Keep it casual in jeans and vest tops in neautral colours or a fitted dress to show off your figure.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments!
I’m quite late to post tonight since I’ve been really busy studying for my final exams. Two weeks tomorrow and I will be freeeeee! I can then concentrate on my modelling and get myself prepared for Miss Scuba UK.
Tonight I went out with my family for my nephews 8th birthday so I wanted something really casual but still quite pretty. Thankfully my Missguided order arrived today so I stuck on a new top and my trusty Zara jeans with a pair of pointed courts.
Skinny Jeans: Zara
I have wanted a top like this for ages so jumped at the chance when I saw this on Missguided with 25% student discount! I fell in love with the wrap detail and the long draping back.
I love anything in this sort of nude/pinky shade. The long sleeves are great for this time of year when it’s too warm to wear a coat, and too cold not to.
I finished the look with a delicate opal pendent, gold Michael Kors watch, natural makeup and bouncy curls.
I’m so looking forward to finishing my degree now, I’m definitely going to reward myself with some retail therapy. Can anyone recommend some sweet online boutiques?
One more day until the weekend…..