Hey guys, so we’ve reached the second month of the year and I don’t know about you but when the weather is rubbish outside, I just love sitting in and drinking tea with a blanket, doing some some online shopping. I think it’s a serious addiction. Don’t you get a little buzz when the delivery man comes? And a little disappointment when nothing arrives!
I’ve put together a few of the bits and bobs I’m loving at the moment within fashion – I’ll even throw in some discount codes if I can track them and the links for you to purchase! I’ll put together a beauty one too soon!
1) This beige off-shoulder knit jumper – I already have a cream one and a black one but beige is next on my list… I love all things Bardot and off the shoulder at the moment! (At the time of writing – use code wrapup for a massive 40% off).
2) This White Bardot bodysuit another bargain when adding in the 40% discount code wrapup – really cute with black high waisted jeans and a cute little jacket.
3) This Ivory chunky-knit jumper dress would look unreal with some thigh high boots! Again code wrapup gives you 40% off! (I promise my whole list isn’t just Missguided).
4) These cream thigh highs boots – they’re neoprene so you get them nice and tight on the legs! Nothing worse than unintentionally baggy thigh highs. You won’t believe the price either – just £21 with the code wrapup. Crazy!
5) This Red silky dress – flattering on so many body types, in ‘in colour’ and an expensive looking fabric. What’s not to love? Perfect for valentines may I add! I love it in allll colours!
6) This Tassel trim dress I am just in love with it! I wish I had somewhere to wear it because it was instant love.
7) This Embroidered bodycon dress and matching tassel trim jacket oh my gooooodness I love it. I think BOTH is necessary as they just look unreal together for a special occasion or fancy night out. Yes yes yes.
I’m going to keep up with these posts as I see things I love. Beauty and fashion related! Enjoy.
I’m often asked by new or aspiring models, what look they should have when going to castings of Go&See’s.
I think the issues I see most often is over-done hair, too much makeup and over the top clothing that doesn’t show off your figure. The general idea is to appear groomed but natural – the client doesn’t want to see the finished product, they want to see what they can do with you to represent their brand the way they want it. They want to see the raw product, but in its best form.
I try to achieve a glowing, dewy look with my skin and I personally believe that this is achieved through the prep rather than just the makeup. I always see girls with foundation that looks almost crusty on their skin, probably because they don’t moisturise or prime properly. It’s a misconception that you shouldn’t moisturise if you have oily skin when in reality, you’d be much better off finding a good oil free moisturiser, such as Dermologica.
These pics show my skin after applying all of the products to my skin, but before the finishing touches.
- I started by applying a serum and moisturiser by Estée Lauder from the Enlighten range.
- I continued by applying a thin layer of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. I always think my skin looks so radiant and hydrated when I use this.
- I immediately applied Estée Lauder Double Wear Light in intensity 2 using the Real Techniques buffing brush. It has an amazing coverage but is still light enough to look natural when applied smoothly.
- I dabbed some E.L Double Wear Concealer in 1W Light (Warm) around my eye area.
- I lightly slicked some Soleil Tan De Chanel on my cheek bones and sides of my forehead, and a quick buff over my whole face using the contour brush by Real Techniques.
- To finish my look, I slicked a thin flick of liquid eyeliner across the tops of my eyelids to give them some definition.
- I coated my lashes in Benefit Roller Lash which I loveeeeee.
- I filled in my brows using the Beauty UK High Brow all in one Brow Definition Kit.
- I used MAC Spice Liner and some Carmex lip balm on my lips.
- I left my hair natural except straightening out the front a little so I looked neat.
- I kept my outfit simple with a black cropped top and skinny jeans but added a gold body chain to make me stand out a little. I was once told that details like this are good to make you be remembered over the other models without trying too hard to draw attention to yourself.
- I added my MK watch and bag and my favourite tan Kurt Gieger heels.
Once I was walking through Manchester in the 23• heat I regretted my jeans! A couple of the other models were wearing simple dresses and I think it’s time for me to transition into dresses this week onwards!
So to summarise, think neat and groomed but not over done. I wouldn’t recommend wearing your fav sequin dress and sparkly heels but at the same time, it’s probably not a good idea to turn up to a casting in your old joggers and trainers. Keep it casual in jeans and vest tops in neautral colours or a fitted dress to show off your figure.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments!