I’ve recently celebrated my 21st birthday and one of the most useful gifts I received (from my sisters) is a NutriBullet! I’ve been dying for one of these for ages and I’ve actually used it every single day since I’ve had it! I’m preparing hard for Miss Scuba UK now so a smoothie makes a great breakfast to help get my body in the best shape, and also the vitamin rich ingredients can encourage glowing skin and healthy hair and nails.
I like to start my day with a good wholesome breakfast to keep me going through busy days so this smoothie recipe is perfect for keeping me full and giving me energy, whilst tasting amazing!
- 1 whole medium banana
- 1 generous handful of frozen berries
- 1 sachet of porridge oats (27g)
- Unsweetened almond milk
I just threw the ingredients into the cup and blended well for about 30-40 seconds. The amount of almond milk you use is dependent on the consistency you like. I like mine thick so I didn’t go all the way up to the Max Line.
I have put together a rough guideline for the nutritional values:
- Calories – 250
- Protein – 5.1g
- Total fat – 4.7g
- Saturated fat – 0.6g
- Carbohydrates – 43g
- Fibre – 6g
I’m often asked by new or aspiring models, what look they should have when going to castings of Go&See’s.
I think the issues I see most often is over-done hair, too much makeup and over the top clothing that doesn’t show off your figure. The general idea is to appear groomed but natural – the client doesn’t want to see the finished product, they want to see what they can do with you to represent their brand the way they want it. They want to see the raw product, but in its best form.
I try to achieve a glowing, dewy look with my skin and I personally believe that this is achieved through the prep rather than just the makeup. I always see girls with foundation that looks almost crusty on their skin, probably because they don’t moisturise or prime properly. It’s a misconception that you shouldn’t moisturise if you have oily skin when in reality, you’d be much better off finding a good oil free moisturiser, such as Dermologica.
These pics show my skin after applying all of the products to my skin, but before the finishing touches.
- I started by applying a serum and moisturiser by Estée Lauder from the Enlighten range.
- I continued by applying a thin layer of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. I always think my skin looks so radiant and hydrated when I use this.
- I immediately applied Estée Lauder Double Wear Light in intensity 2 using the Real Techniques buffing brush. It has an amazing coverage but is still light enough to look natural when applied smoothly.
- I dabbed some E.L Double Wear Concealer in 1W Light (Warm) around my eye area.
- I lightly slicked some Soleil Tan De Chanel on my cheek bones and sides of my forehead, and a quick buff over my whole face using the contour brush by Real Techniques.
- To finish my look, I slicked a thin flick of liquid eyeliner across the tops of my eyelids to give them some definition.
- I coated my lashes in Benefit Roller Lash which I loveeeeee.
- I filled in my brows using the Beauty UK High Brow all in one Brow Definition Kit.
- I used MAC Spice Liner and some Carmex lip balm on my lips.
- I left my hair natural except straightening out the front a little so I looked neat.
- I kept my outfit simple with a black cropped top and skinny jeans but added a gold body chain to make me stand out a little. I was once told that details like this are good to make you be remembered over the other models without trying too hard to draw attention to yourself.
- I added my MK watch and bag and my favourite tan Kurt Gieger heels.
Once I was walking through Manchester in the 23• heat I regretted my jeans! A couple of the other models were wearing simple dresses and I think it’s time for me to transition into dresses this week onwards!
So to summarise, think neat and groomed but not over done. I wouldn’t recommend wearing your fav sequin dress and sparkly heels but at the same time, it’s probably not a good idea to turn up to a casting in your old joggers and trainers. Keep it casual in jeans and vest tops in neautral colours or a fitted dress to show off your figure.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments!