Hey! I’ve finally finished writing my dissertation for my Events Management degree, so I’ve got much more time to do nice things like bake, work out and blog!
I decided to do a spot of baking before my pilates class today, and wanted to try something simple with ingredients I already have lying around the house. I’m currently training for Miss Scuba UK – a beauty pageant with a difference! The top 5 from the UK competition head to Cyprus to scuba dive and take part in some marine conservation. The winner is then chosen based on the scuba diving, the willingness to try and how well you work as a team….. The winner then travels to MALAYSIA for the Miss Scuba international finals where again, she will dive and participate in marine conservation. So of course, I’m wanting to eat right and train hard to make the most of this oppurtunity!
The ingredients of this loaf make it super moist and filling – it’s great as a quick snack or with a cup of tea!
What you’ll need:
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 ripe avocado mashed
- 1 egg
- 250g Wholewheat flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp natural honey or agave nectar
- 4 tsp natural unrefined sugar
- Almond milk
- Cocoa Nibs optional
- A loaf tin (preferably silicone)
- Pre-heat your oven to 200•
- Mix together your avocado and 2 1/2 bananas (set aside the other half).
- Add the egg, honey, sugar and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Sift the baking powder and half of the flour to add air into the mixture and avoid any lumps. The consistency should be thick but sticky. Continue to add flour until you get to this firm consistency.
- Add a dash of almond milk to create a thick but smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and top with the remaining half banana and a sprinkle of cocoa nibs. (One of mine slipped!)
- Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Pop out of the tin onto a cooling rack and leave to cool before slicing.
I’d love to hear if anyone tries this recipe or if you have any of your own clean baking recipes in the comments!