Estée Lauder are always updating their current products and introducing new ranges to keep our skin looking and feeling smooth. It’s been a long time favourite brand of mine for skincare. The newest range is ‘New Dimension’ which involves a serum, contour kit and eye contour kit and expert liquid tape. The products are designed to contour the face and give a more sculpted, firm look.
I always take care of my skin (mainly Estée Lauder products) so wasn’t exactly banging on selfridges door trying to grab this product, but when I was walking through, I spoke with my regular EL consultant and she handed me a sample of the new serum (she knows I love to try new products and tend to purchase them!). She told me that the product has exfoliating properties and exposed the fresh layers of skin, therefore not to use for a week before holiday sun exposure. I’m heading out to Egypt in a week for more diving, so I’ve only been able to use the product for a couple of days but already I LOVE IT. I can’t wait to start using it again!
The website states that the serum transforms the skin, leaving it plumped, smooth and more refined – with a good majority of those who tested agreeing. It can be used day and night, and I’ve used it for 2 days and 2 nights. Already, my skin is feeling silky and fresh and looks radiant even without makeup. I would go as far as to say it’s a ‘must-have’ product. I currently use the Enlighten and Night Repair serums but after sampling this, I will be swapping over!
At £62 for 30ml or £88 for 50ml – it’s pricey. But if your skin is a priority then go for it. I’d say it’s great for any skin type whether you’re dry or oily. For dry skin, it will hydrate and remove dead skin cells. For oily skin, it will leave it feeling refreshed and smooth. Obviously speak with your local EL consultant whether it’s right for you, but I do love it!
I’m yet to try the rest of the range but I have a particular interest in the expert liquid tape. It’s used before any other skincare products, on clean skin and does pretty much the same as the serum with tightening and encouraging collegen in the skin to promote a firm, contoured look. Go into your local counter and they’re always more than happy to try the products out on you and give you samples so you can be sure you love your products before you splash out!
Happy shopping X
I’m often asked by new or aspiring models, what look they should have when going to castings of Go&See’s.
I think the issues I see most often is over-done hair, too much makeup and over the top clothing that doesn’t show off your figure. The general idea is to appear groomed but natural – the client doesn’t want to see the finished product, they want to see what they can do with you to represent their brand the way they want it. They want to see the raw product, but in its best form.
I try to achieve a glowing, dewy look with my skin and I personally believe that this is achieved through the prep rather than just the makeup. I always see girls with foundation that looks almost crusty on their skin, probably because they don’t moisturise or prime properly. It’s a misconception that you shouldn’t moisturise if you have oily skin when in reality, you’d be much better off finding a good oil free moisturiser, such as Dermologica.
These pics show my skin after applying all of the products to my skin, but before the finishing touches.
- I started by applying a serum and moisturiser by Estée Lauder from the Enlighten range.
- I continued by applying a thin layer of Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. I always think my skin looks so radiant and hydrated when I use this.
- I immediately applied Estée Lauder Double Wear Light in intensity 2 using the Real Techniques buffing brush. It has an amazing coverage but is still light enough to look natural when applied smoothly.
- I dabbed some E.L Double Wear Concealer in 1W Light (Warm) around my eye area.
- I lightly slicked some Soleil Tan De Chanel on my cheek bones and sides of my forehead, and a quick buff over my whole face using the contour brush by Real Techniques.
- To finish my look, I slicked a thin flick of liquid eyeliner across the tops of my eyelids to give them some definition.
- I coated my lashes in Benefit Roller Lash which I loveeeeee.
- I filled in my brows using the Beauty UK High Brow all in one Brow Definition Kit.
- I used MAC Spice Liner and some Carmex lip balm on my lips.
- I left my hair natural except straightening out the front a little so I looked neat.
- I kept my outfit simple with a black cropped top and skinny jeans but added a gold body chain to make me stand out a little. I was once told that details like this are good to make you be remembered over the other models without trying too hard to draw attention to yourself.
- I added my MK watch and bag and my favourite tan Kurt Gieger heels.
Once I was walking through Manchester in the 23• heat I regretted my jeans! A couple of the other models were wearing simple dresses and I think it’s time for me to transition into dresses this week onwards!
So to summarise, think neat and groomed but not over done. I wouldn’t recommend wearing your fav sequin dress and sparkly heels but at the same time, it’s probably not a good idea to turn up to a casting in your old joggers and trainers. Keep it casual in jeans and vest tops in neautral colours or a fitted dress to show off your figure.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments!
We all know the basic rules of having clear skin: drink lots of water, never sleep with makeup on, avoid sugary foods… but what about properly cleansing and hydrating your skin? I think it’s safe to say most girls (and boys) neglect their skin a bit, whether they realise it or not.
I’ll admit I used to think a quick soapy rinse and whatever moisturiser I could get my hands on would suffice… That was until I took a trip to selfridges with my mum and had a skincare consultation in Estée Lauder. They take a look at your skin and ask you a few questions, then help you find the products best suited for your skins particular needs.
I had never realised that even at my age, I should be using so many products to keep my skin young, soft and fresh. This includes makeup removers, scrubs and washes, masks, serums, creams and eye creams!
Some people may think all of this is just a money making scheme for the company but I can honestly say since using the range, I’ve noticed a dramatic change in my skin. The dry lines around my eyes (yes, even 20 year olds get dry lines!) have disappeared and my skin feels soft and has more of a glow. I won’t say that these products aren’t pricey because they are, but my skin is something I want to take care of and invest in as it’s seen so clearly on camera!
My skincare routine:
Perfectly Clean face wash
Enlighten face cream
Re-Nutriv eye cream
Take it Away makeup remover
Perfectly Clean face wash
Advanced Night Repair Serum
Advanced Night Repair Eye
Re-Nutriv eye cream
Every so often I also use the Hydrating Mask!
All of these items are from Estée Lauder and are available at Selfridges, Boots, online and other good department stores!