We’re becoming increasingly concerned with the importance of a high-protein diet, but it can be a struggle for some to incorporate protein into their breakfast. Maybe you can’t face eggs or meat first thing in the morning, maybe you’re vegetarian, or maybe you’re just stumped for ideas.
The ‘easy’ way is to just simply add a scoop of whey protein into your oats – and that’s great! But it’s not for everyone. I struggle with protein powders – I can drink them after a workout but if I add them to anything I feel like it ruins the food I’ve added it to!
I’ve come up with my own little recipe that I’ve become obsessed with, and my boyfriend loves it also!
What You’ll Need:
- Oats (your desired amount)
- 1tblspn powdered peanut butter
- 1-2tblspn chia seeds
- Almond milk (desired amount)
- 1 egg white
- Walden Farms Caramel Syrup
- Optional – bananas, blueberries, strawberries, chopped up protein bar or any desired toppings
Okay, the thought of adding egg white into your oats might sound a bit scary if you’ve never tried it before but TRUST me you can’t taste egg and it just makes it creamy and amps up the protein!
You can purchase the powdered peanut butter (I use Dr Zak’s) and the caramel syrup from Muscle Food and you can even use code HM498301 to get some extra FREE goodies at the checkout like a loaf of high protein bread, protein pizza, chicken breasts…..
The chia seeds were picked up from Tesco for just £1 a pouch – a steal when you look at chia seeds in Holland & Barrat for instance which cost around £15 for the same product!
- Add your oats and almond milk to the saucepan on a medium heat (to your desired consistency – some like theirs thin, I like mine gloopy!)
- After 1-2 minutes when it’s all stirred in, add your powdered peanut butter and chia seeds
- Continue cooking and stirring for a further 4-5 minutes
- Add your egg white and stir well
- Continue cooking and stirring for around 3 minutes or until fully cooked
- Place in a bowl and drizzle Caramel Syrup
Voila! High protein oats without the whey protein taste! Full of goodness to keep you going for the day!