Like so many others, I suffer with IBS which causes major bloating. It’s actually made you can go from a little 24inch waist to practically looking full-term pregnant. Food can be a massive trigger and a specific one I’ve found to cause irritation is gluten. Therefore I’ve adopted a (pretty much*) gluten free diet which has seemed to keep my bloating attacks down!
*I say ‘pretty much’ because I’m still eating the odd bit if I want it, I just suffer after sometimes!
So, I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen, making some nice clean, high protein recipes. I’ve started with a new trainer now so going all out on the nourishing food that will compliment my intense workouts.
That’s when I came up with these little beauties. They’re great for any meal of the day or even as a snack, as they’re such general ingredients. They’re really filling and comforting whilst still remaining clean and nourishing. It’s highly likely you’ll have all of the ingredients at home already, so give them a go!
Here’s what you’ll need
- One large potato (peeled and grated)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 table spoon of flour (ordinary, GF or any alternative)
- Seasoning – I used garlic powder, dried chives, pink Himalayan salt, ground black pepper and mild chilli powder (you can use anything you like)
- Cooking spray e.g FryLight
- Muffin tray
- Kitchen roll
- Pre heat your oven to 180•
- Remove all excess moisture from your grated potato using kitchen roll. This will help make them crispy and not fall apart!
- Add flour and seasoning and coat evenly
- Coat the muffin trays in oil spray to avoid them sticking
- Add a heaped spoonful of the mixture to each muffin space and press firmly with a table spoon, compacting the potato mixture and creating a groove where you’ll add the egg later (I made 4)
- Pop in the oven for around 15 minutes, or until slightly firm.
- Remove from the oven
- Crack your eggs inside (2 will be just egg white and 2 will have the yolk due to the eggs being too big to add one to each!) I sprinkled a little chilli powder on at this point.
- Bake for a further 10/15 minutes or until egg is completely cooked.
- Voila! Enjoy warm.
Let me know if you give them a try and also feel free to share any GF recipes with me! Hit me up on Instagram for more.
Like many girls, there’s an endless list of things I want (need). Literally, it’s never ending because as soon as I get my hands on something, I see the next thing for my wish list. I know most girls are the same so I’ve compiled a few bargains I’ve seen recently so you can reep the benefits too. I’ll continue with these posts if you guys like them so make sure you let me know via the comments/insta/twitter.
You can get some AMAZING free gifts in magazines every so often and I find Glamour does the best! Last month it was a tube of a new St Tropez tan and this month there’s a range of Model Co makeup! They’ve worked with Model Co previously and I remember getting a lip liner I LOVED but then begrudged paying £16 for another when it ran out as I knew how cheap I had it previously. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw it in this months issue for only ONE POUND. Obviously I bought two. Also there’s an eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss available worth a combined £55. I’m now on the hunt to find the gloss! Always check out the magazine freebies when you’re at the supermarket or newsagents. Primark
I’m sure you already know the bargain store that is Primark. But did you know they’ve bought out a small range of Perspex beauty organisers? You know the ones that are everywhereeeee on Instagram and allow you to show off all your designer makeup? I needed a new one for my ever expanding MAC lipstick collection and was so happy to see this bargain one for £2 when id usually expect to pay between £15-£60 (depending on size).
The top left holder is the Primark one, that’s holding the foundations, lip liners and 6 lipsticks.
Also from Primark, these cute little bikinis that cost me something ridiculous like £2 or £3 and were perfect for lazy days on the beach when you don’t need to dress up too much! How can you argue for that price?
I wasn’t even aware of this until I went into my agency and all of the bookers had huge boxes delivered! Head to the Zara website and there’s TONES of stuff in the sale. Grab yourself a bargain!
I’m new to Spotify so recently took advantage of their free week trial of Premium. I was pleasantly surprised by their offer of another 3 months for just 0.99p – how could I refuse that? This offer is on until June 30th so if you’re new to Spotify also, take advantage of this amazing offer! Have you spotted any more bargains, freebies or money saving tips? Share them with me in the comments or via Twitter/Instagram!