I’ve been a huge fan of Matcha since my favourite local cafe began serving Matcha Latte’s. I hadn’t initially realised just quite how versatile Matcha was until I began seeing it EVERYWHERE. Fruity iced matcha, matcha icecream, matcha energy balls…. Anything you can think of, within reason.
I’m very much into looking after my body and remaining as natural as possible. I personally believe that keeping natural in food, drinks, skincare etc is the best possible thing you can do for your body – keep it as nature intended. The world today is full of nasty toxins and everything is becoming processed, which goes a long way in explaining the poor health many face.
Anyway, I was so excited about this package as I’ve been reading up all about the benefits of matcha. I’m obsessed with green tea as it is, and matcha amplifies all of the health benefits of ordinary green tea, as it is made from the ground leaves. Here’s a few of the many health benefits:
- It is packed with antioxidants
- It boosts metabolism and burns calories
- It calms the mind and relaxes the body, whilst boosting memory and concentration
- It’s rich in fibre and many vitamins such as Vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- It prevents disease
- It lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- It increases energy levels and endurance
- It’s all natural (when bought from a reliable source such as EatCleanTea)
- It tastes amazing!
So EatCleanTea have three flavours: Original, Matcha and Mint, Matcha and Ginger. All three are totally natural and of the highest quality but I opted for Original this time as I know I love the taste. I can’t wait to try the other flavours though! Since receiving the package, I have religiously drank Matcha Latte’s with either soya milk or almond milk. I prefer the sweeter milks than the original, but I’ve also tried adding a little agave nectar which added a really nice natural sweetness.
I’m yet to try my matcha cold, but tomorrow at some point, I’ll be throwing some ice and water into my nutribullet to give it a go! I think it’ll be amazing with a little apple juice and maybe some fruits soaked in. There’s so many recipes online and on the EatCleanTea website and Instagram (@eatcleantea) so even if you’re not a fan of hot drinks, it’s still a must-have purchase!
Below, I’ll tell you how I make the perfect Matcha Latte using soya milk and the EatCleanTea whisker (which makes it so much easier not to get pesky lumps!)
- Add two scoops of matcha to your favourite mug
- Add a small amount of hot water and use the whisker to blend away any lumps
- Full the mug with your milk of choice
- Pop in the microwave for 1 minute (you don’t want it piping hot as it will ruin the tea)
- Whisk once more to create a froth
You can purchase yours at EatCleanTea and do let me know if you think of any interesting recipes for your Matcha! #TeamMatcha