Scrolling through instagram, it’s easy to see that a lot of people on a health kick sacrifice taste in order to get their dream bod. Plain chicken, bland rice and some soggy broccoli is all good and nutritious, but how sustainable is a diet where you don’t have any enjoyment from what you’re eating?
I find people struggle with snacking healthily. Too much fruit and you’ll be over your sugar levels, rice cakes are bland and not especially nutritious, shop-bought bars can contain all sorts of nasties and calories…. This leads to snackers breaking their diet and reaching for sugary, processed junk.
In comes my clean PB/White choc cookie dough bites….. The guilt free way to curb sweet cravings and snack without breaking the diet. What’s even better is that you can add all sorts into the recipe to make it your own!
What you’ll need:
- Scottish Oats
- Agave nectar/honey/alternative
- No Added Sugar/Palm Oil free peanut butter
- White chocolate chips
- Almond milk (or alternative)
You’ll notice I’ve not added amounts onto the ingredients list. The reason behind this is that it’s really personal choice, so just play around and see how you get on.
- Blend oats in a nutribullet or blender until they’re a fine powder/flour.
- Add peanut putter (I used around half a tub) a few squeezes of agave nectar (depending on how sweet you like them!)
- Slowly add small amounts of almond milk and mix until the texture is that of cookie dough.
- Add white chocolate chips or get creative with dried fruits, coconut flakes, dark chocolate etc. You could also add flavour drops or spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
- You’ll now need to shape your cookie dough. This can be done in balls or flattened out like I did. Lay on grease proof paper.
- Leave at room temperature or chill if preferred.